AWS Amplify is a complete solution that lets frontend web and mobile developers easily build, connect, and host fullstack applications on AWS, with the flexibility to leverage the breadth of AWS services as your use cases evolve. Amplify provides the following products to build fullstack iOS, Android, Flutter, Web, and React Native apps. These products are all designed to work independently:
- Amplify CLI - Configure all the services needed to power your backend through a simple command line interface.
- Amplify Libraries - Client libraries to build common use cases such as Auth, data, and File Storage by connecting your frontend app to your backend resources.
- Amplify Studio - Build your fullstack web and mobile app using a simple and intuitive visual development environment.
- Amplify UI Components - UI libraries to build your frontend app built for React, React Native, Angular, Vue and Flutter.
- Amplify Hosting is an AWS service that provides a git-based workflow for continuous deployment & hosting of fullstack web apps.
This tutorial guides you through setting up a backend and integrating that backend with your React app. You will create a “Todo app” with a GraphQL API and to store and retrieve items in a cloud database. In addition, we’ll demonstrate how to authenticate users, communicate with your API, and set up continuous deployment and hosting.
GraphQL is a data language that was developed to enable apps to fetch data from APIs. It has a declarative, self-documenting style. In a GraphQL operation, the client specifies how to structure the data when it is returned by the server. This makes it possible for the client to query only for the data it needs, in the format that it needs it in.
Start the Tutorial
Use Amplify Studio to get started with Amplify. Get started