Set up push notification services
Push notifications for Android apps are sent using Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM). Before you can send push notifications to Android devices, you must perform the following steps:
Next, you will need to access your ServerKey (Referred to as ApiKey in the CLI setup):
- Open the Firebase console.
- Choose your Firebase project.
- Select the gear icon located in the top left hand corner of your screen, then select Project settings.
- Select the Cloud Messaging tab.
- Select the three vertical dots next to Cloud Messaging API (Legacy), then select Manage API in Google Cloud Console.
- In the new tab, select the Enable button.
- Return to the previous page and refresh it.
- Copy the Server key token
Return to Provisioning resources through CLI with the copied Token
Amazon Pinpoint campaigns can take one of three actions when a user taps a notification: Open your app, Go to a URL, or Open a deep link. Follow these instructions to enable your app to open deep links.